But i didn't come here to talk about Episode III; I came here to talk about the dark secret that lies behind all the Star Wars movies, a dark secret that even George Lucas himself does not know. Once you understand this dark secret, and you re-interpret all six movies in light of it, many things in the movies suddenly make a whole lot more sense.
The dark secret is this:
Yoda is a Dark Sider.
Yes, you read that right. Yoda has given himself to the Dark Side of the Force, and in secret, subtle ways, helps the Sith to the best of his abilities throughout all the movies.
Yes, I know how that sounds. But think about all six movies, and bear with me here:
- Is the Jedi Council really that appallingly stupid and incompetent? I mean, really. C'mon. The Sith Lord is in the same goddamn room as them, and they can't tell! He makes a blindingly direct and obvious play for power, and they can't tell! Either the Jedi Academy requires IQ tests of all its applicants, and rejects anyone with an IQ over 85, or something else is up--namely, the most powerful member of the Council is working to ensure that the rest of hte Council stays in the dark.
- Yoda outclasses Count Dooku sixteen ways from Sunday--a better fighter, more powerful in the Force, and all-around better at everything he does--yet in the second movie, Dooku still somehow manages not only to escape, but to escape with the plans to the Death Star.
- Yoda doesn't really seriously go after Sidius in the third movie. He makes a token show of it, gets the upper hand...and leaves. Not exactly convincing. Not exactly an overwhelming attempt from a person who's just seen his friends murdered and is determined to protect the universe from sliding into the hands of the Sith at all costs. "Okay, tried I did. Leaving now I am. Ruling the universe you are. With how well that works out for you get back to me!"
- For a light-sider, Yoda has a whole lot of knowledge and skill at dealing with that crackly lightning-both dark side energy stuff; more, it seems, than...well, any Jedi, y'know?
- Yoda meets Luke. Yoda trains Luke. Luke takes off to go after Vader. Yoda says "No, wait you must, not ready you are, kick your ass he will...here, help you pack I will! Fun storming the castle you have!" Yoda's goal was to get Luke captured.
- And speaking of getting people captured, great plan for hiding the babies, there, my little green friend. Geez, you sure tucked THEM out of sight! I mean, if Vader ever glommed on to the fact that he had a son running around somehwere, he'd NEVER think to start the search at his own family!
- Knowledge of the Clone Army in Episode II, and indeed knowledge of the entire star system where the clone army was being developed, was mysteriously wiped from the Jedi archives. By an insider. By an influential insider. They never did really address who that insider was, did they? Hmm...who would be in a position to do such a thing? Who indeed.
Seriously. Go back and re-watch the movies with the idea that Yoda is a Dark Sider in mind, and tell me that it doesn't suddenly bring a lot of things into focus.