Highlights and lowlights of the week (you decide):
- Seeing Spider-Man, the movie. They didn't fuck it up, but they didn't transcend the comic book cliches either. All in all, an aggressively mediocre movie. You wo't hate it, but neither will you find anything novel or surprising in it; it's entertaining but predictable and bland.
- McDonald's. Way too many times. I NEED to learn to cook.
- The other girlfriend M. cooking me breakfast, which was very sweet, as she is almost as kitchen-impaired as I am; and nursing me through a nasty bout of food poisoning from, oddly enough, a restaurant that wasn't McDonald's.
- M. smoking my ass at video games all night long when we went to the arcade. No shit. I didn't win once.
- In the Realm of the Senses. A Japanese movie about an obsessive, destructive sexual relationship between a 1930's Japanese man and one of his servant-girls. Weird, unsettling, and Ballardesque. Quite good, really.